Wednesday, December 22, 2010
Ice skating for the first time in years!
My sisters and I have silly down to a science.
Nothing is cuter than marshmallow snow clothes except of course Lo Lo's new scrunched up face smile.
Monday, December 20, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
London (currently known as Opposition) is opposed to all things Whippy Cake or at least she is determined to sabotage all things Whippy Cake. She sure is adorable while she is doing it though. It's hard to get frustrated even if she is a force to be reckoned with.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Monday, December 13, 2010
I just thought I would leak some pictures and some info so that I am not the only one out of my mind with anticipation. I will be posting more information and details once we get closer to posting our new set of video tutorials. It's going to be COLOSSAL!!!
Friday, December 10, 2010
The photoshoot will be located in Chandler and will be an all day event. We already have our adult models but we are still looking for 1 girl between the ages of 2 and 8 as well as 1 newborn infant between 7 days old and two weeks old. The Phototshoot will be between December 28th and the 30th.
How to Apply:
To be considered please send me an email at email@example.com with the following information:
- Name, age, clothing and shoe size and physical features (ie. eye color, hair color, legnth etc.)
- Personality traits (ie. bubbly, hyper, shy, quiet etc.)
- Any applicable modeling experience including dates and venue information
- Minimum of 5 images including 1 head shot and 1 full body shot.
- Availability between December 27th and 30th.
- For the newborns include due date and if you are willing to travel with your infant.
- Contact information for legal guardian including, name, relationship to model, primary number, secondary number, and email. Also let us know if you accept text messages.
- Feel free to include any additional information you think we might like to know :)
- Models/model's guardians are required to sign a consent form prior to the photoshoot.
The second application phase will be a live interview and test shots in front of a camera so we ask that you only apply if you are willing to travel both the interview and late to the photoshoot.
We are so excited about this phototshoot and we are even more excited at the prospect of having some of our readers participate!
I knew if I didn't close soon enough I wouldn't give myself enough time to actually take a vacation and spend some free time with my amazing and supportive family. Can you blame me? They are pretty adorable after all. I want to apologize in advance for using sweet and precious pictures of my kids to butter you up. Hopefully it's working and you will forget all about the fact that we are closed ;) Did I mention how awesome our next collection is going to be?
Special thanks to Jessica at Sierra Studios Photography for squeezing us in for family pictures this year.
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
I spy a few of my friends in this video. [Jessi, you adorable darling!]
Me and the kids have a bit of a slipper fetish. All 3 of us like to wear slippers and we each have at least 3 pair and what better to wear with slippers than jammies? The Boss is slowly getting used to the fact that it's not going to change around here anytime soon.
What are your guilty comfort clothes?
Monday, December 6, 2010
Sunday, December 5, 2010
We have been completely OVERWHELMED by the LOVE we have felt from the response to our POST last week, asking for your candidates to be pampered for a day.
So let us say a big heart felt "THANK YOU" You did NOT disappoint! We should have known better, you all are so amazing and have the biggest hearts.... Seriously, we have been inundated by letters about the amazing people who have been beyond selfless, they are courageous, and dare we say these ladies are Hero's..
O my Heck! we have been on an emotional RoLlErCoAsTeR, we have felt incredible JOY at the humanity, displayed. And we have shed many a tear while reading about these remarkable women who are Hero's in the lives of the people they touch. I am emotional right now thinking about the fact that we can only pick one... This has been a very difficult, and heart wrenching task, having to narrow it down to one special person... We are soo very humbled by these stories, we want to take care of every single lady! Becki and our little Whippy Cake team can only do so much.....
We have an IDEA!!!
Now, we obviously can't devote a whole day to each candidate, but we would like to spread a little love to each one...
Here is what we are asking for... We know that many of you are creative, and have mad skills, if you would like to donate some of your time, like styling someones hair, or creating a piece of jewelery, or gift for a Mommy in need, or giving a gift certificate to your Shop, or even from your favorite vendor, we would LOVE to mention your generosity and in the Spirit of Christmas give each lady some JOY! I have goosebumps just thinking about it!! We know that you already are very generous and busy taking care of others...
But just imagine, if you were to help, by giving a little more to these phenomenal people that you may or may not know, we could create a
LALAPALOOZA of LOVE!!
Friday, December 3, 2010
Thursday, December 2, 2010
1. Mexican Wedding Cookies. I could eat them by the truck load.
2. My master bedroom painted. It's become the dump zone in our house and I want it to be the escape zone.
3. Budgies! The cutest little mimicking birds ever.
4. This hair cut. I dream of not having to style my own hair.
5. Just Dance 2 for the Wii. I got a taste of Just Dance at my sisters house and I LOVE it! I predict a dance party at my house?
6. One of these in my tummy. Recently bit by the baby bug. Gotta get me one... like yesterday.
7. A CDMA Verizon capable white 4G iphone. Needs no explaining. It's just time for it to happen STEVE!!!
8. This utterly breath taking art print by Leigh Viner.
9. A cruise. I could really use a vacation. Jamaica maybe?
10. This outrageously genius and awesome chandelier. Get in my house!!!
Merry Christmas to me (in an alternate universe)!
Wednesday, December 1, 2010
Well, we had wonderful time taking care of such a deserving person, that we want to do it again! Only we want you to CHOOSE who gets to be made over! It's time to put your thinking caps on, and then let us know about the AMAZING people in your life! Someone who works really hard, and is always taking care of others, or has been through some rough times, and just needs a break!
You can even nominate yourself!
Unfortunately we don't have the budget for air fair, which means it will need to be someone who lives close by, someone here in sunny in Arizona. We would like to do this on the week of December 14th... SO, if you think you know someone who fits the criteria, and really deserves a day of "GLAM" please tell us all about them...
To NOMINATE~ send us an Email with a little back story on your nominee, and why you think they should be chosen, Oh and if you can, please include a picture of them.
I know you have someone you want to give this gift to! Yes! it feels good already:)
Well I hope we have given the turkey and pies enough time to settle in your bellies!! Because today is the day that we pick a lucky winner for our Modern Cupcake giveaway!......
And the WINNER is.... Rosy B!
O my HECK! You are sooo LUCKY!
So if you want to share, I can meet you somewhere off the 101!!:)
No, i'm sure you will have plenty of family who will be more than happy to share with you...
Shoot me an email so we can get you the GOODS!!