Monday, September 13, 2010

Doing Human Things

Excuse my absence on this here blog, I've been out doing human things, for once. My sisters and I took a mini trip to Utah to surprise my family again and retreat from our kids. We planned it so we would be there for Swiss Days in Midway where my parents live. This was my first Swiss Days experience and I was not disappointed one bit. We spent two days looking, eating and shopping at all the booths and I can't wait to share some of the new products and vendors I found there. Fresh strawberries and cream was a mandatory pit stop several times a day.

Photobucket

I was also able to spend some time with my twin and gave him a big fat kiss!

Photobucket

After the madness of Swiss Days I pretty much read books the rest of the time. Real books too, with actual pages and not the ones you listen to with head phones like I usually do. 4 books later I almost couldn't stop myself from reading. The 1st book I read was The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner followed by the MUCH talked about series Hunger Games, Catching Fire and Mockingjay, which exceeded my expectations and clutched me in it's intense action packed pages. I will be reading them several more times in the near future.

I came back to work for one day then was swept away to San Diego by my husband and kids for the weekend. We stayed with one of our favorite couples, Buddy and Sara and their two kids Chloe and Max. We spent day 1 at the San Diego Zoo

Photobucket

Photobucket

and day 2 at the beach. It was lovely weather both days and our children were actually pleasant and mildly well behaved. I still miss the salty thick air on my face and skin and can't wait to go back.

Photobucket

Sadly after missing more than a week of work I am wildly behind, ill and stressed for time and energy to catch up so I'm afraid that's all for now peeps! Love ya!

7 comments:

Ashlee Martin Smith said...

I LOVE that you got to take those trips! You so completely deserved them!

Stephanie McDonnell said...

So glad you got some family time in. Strawberries is one of my favorite breakfast foods.
Thanks for sharing all your pics.
And, btw, I LOVE your hat!

Heather said...

Yay for being human! I was beginning to think you weren't real there for a second-so talented and kind too! Yay for seeing your twin too...and finally, Yay for looking so cute in the pics!

Megan {ShabbyBlogs} said...

Goodness, you are adorable.

Summer said...

Seriously, you look like a celeb in your zoo pic. Did anyone try and take photos? haha

Yay for the family time, nothing is better for some energy boost!

Unknown said...

I had no idea you were a twin Becki. I am an identical twin. :-)

***Cricket

Allison said...

I'm sorry that you're stressed and sick- I'll pray for good health and energy for the upcoming weeks! I am glad that you got some you-and-family time, though!