Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rhyming is cool

Rhyming is cool, or at least this book of rhymes is cool. I was at Goodwill and it was one of those moments where I saw the book from across the way and immediately fell in love {slow motion, running, trampling old lady, get to it first, birds chirping when I held it in my arms for the first time kind of moment.}

Anyways, it's a 1977 edition and has 200 pages full of old school rhymes and pictures that I want to hang all over every inch of my walls. Here are a few favorites. I have no words to express how much I love this book. You can come over and touch it if you want, but only for a second or two...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

ps. The giveaway is still going if you want to enter. Go on, you can do it. Ready, set, GO!


5 comments:

*Katie May* said...

I LOVE the art work!

Allison said...

This is so cool! The book looks in SUCH good condition..and the pictures? swoon.

Gracefully Vintage said...

Ok LOVE that book, you could do so much with it.. That is Excactly why I LOVE the goodwill- I would rather go to the Goodwill than the mall or Target or even eat i should say.. JUST Love that book. .What a Find.
karryann

DuncanAndCandice said...

I just found your blog and was looking through it. Love EVERYTHING! I just had to let you know that I grew up with this book. I loved looking at the pages and pretend I was the pretty girls :) Its a great book with amazing Rhymes. My Favorite is the old women that lives in the shoe because of all the funny looking kids.

Kari said...

The pictures are gorgeous!